Optimising your LinkedIn Profileabout 3 years ago
Long gone are the days where having a detailed CV and punchy cover letter were enough to get you noticed. In this ever-changing digital world. With more than 675+ million members worldwide, LinkedIn is kind of a big deal. Therefore, it is CRUCIAL that your LinkedIn profile stands out from the crowd for all the right reasons.
Not only is LinkedIn a platform used to connect with peers and other professionals, it provides multiple opportunities to create your personal brand, share and discover valuable content and even taking the leap into your next career move with advertised job vacancies. Whether you’re creating, updating or optimising your LinkedIn profile, you need to ensure that you’re making the most of what is THE largest professional network.
Things to consider when optimising your LinkedIn profile…
1. First Impressions matter. So, make sure that you include a photo and a PUNCHY headline of what you actually do not just a generic job title that will sit amongst the 10,099 people who share the same title. Almost as if you’re writing your personal mission statement for your brand.
2. Sharing insightful content relevant to your industry. Now, we don’t just mean liking, commenting on and sharing EVERY single piece of content on LinkedIn; that’s meaningless. By interacting with related content to the industry you work in, you’re adding value to your wider network.
3. Building your network. Connect with people within your industry, present and former colleagues and even market leaders.
4. Add skills and get endorsements from people who you have worked with to show how employers and prospects what areas you are strong in. Ask for recommendations and testimonials by colleagues and clients to build your portfolio further and help show how you stand out from the crowd.
5. Make yourself ‘discoverable’. Include appropriate keywords that relate to your career and role in your summary so that your profile appears in searches.
For more information, help or guidance with your next career move, please register with Finlay James today.